Mains Disinfection and Chlorination (BS8558:2011)
It is now a requirement that new private water supply pipes are commissioned before they are connected to mains water services. WHS provide BS8558:2011 mains disinfection services and sampling of new and existing mains pipework. We work on anything from short lengths of new mains to new mains and full building disinfection prior to connection and handover.
WHS provide disinfection certificates at the time of work and full UKAS microbiology results from an independent laboratory approximately 5 days later.
Our work meets all water authority specifications such as:
• Chlorine Level
• Chlorine Contact Time
• Microbiological and chemical analysis
We use specialist equipment to ensure accurate dosing to all of the ingoing water whilst also ensuring no possibility of backflow contamination.
To provide a competitive quote we need the following information:
• Size and material(s) of incoming pipe
• Approximate number and type of outlets
• Size and number of any water heaters/cylinders
• Working restrictions such as access or working hours
• Local water authority details and any provided specification
• Access and parking for vehicles
• Unrestricted access to a good quality water supply]]>