Legionella Control Monitoring + Inspection Programmes: ACOP L8.
Health & Safety Commission HSE Approved Code of Practice (ACOP L8 )
Your Health + Safety Obligations
How Water Hygiene Services Monitor Water Systems
Water Hygiene Services Ltd provide a system log book which is used to store the records of legionella control monitoring tasks carried out, this includes;
- Weekly flushing of little-used outlets
- Monthly temperature test results of representative outlets
- Quarterly descaling of shower heads and spray taps
- Annual inspection of calorifiers
- Annual water storage tank inspection
- 24 monthly legionella risk assessment review
- A Water Hygiene Surveyor will visit the site at regular intervals to ensure that risks are kept in
- Temperatures and conditions will be compared with parameters detailed in ACOP L8.
A Monitoring plan will identify the chosen control measure e.g. avoiding water temperatures between 20ºC and 45ºC and how it will be achieved.
A Monitoring Plan should be closely adhered to and actions should be implemented, regularly managed and monitored.
System Log Book
A detailed record of all precautions should then be kept in a site log book. This is necessary evidence for all health and safety inspections.
Recommendations & Remedial Action:
If conditions are identified which could possibly lead to the growth of legionella bacteria then recommendations will be made to minimise the risk.
Please have a look at some of the other services we offer by clicking here.
Need a quote? Please fill in our online enquiry form or call 0113 267 9785.