It is a requirement that many new private water supply pipes are commissioned before they are connected to mains water services. Water Hygiene Services Ltd can provide BS8558 mains disinfection services and sampling of new and existing mains pipework. We can undertake partial or complete building mains disinfection prior to connection and handover.
BS6700 standards were updated in 2011 to BS8558.
Water Hygiene Services always operate to these standards. Please find below the relevant information for Water Hygiene Services chlorination procedures from the BS8558 standards. Click below to download the guide.
We provide disinfection certificates at the time of work and provide full UKAS microbiology results from an independent laboratory approximately 5 days later.
Our work meets all water authority specifications such as:
- Chlorine Level
- Chlorine Contact Time
- Microbiological and chemical analysis
We use specialist equipment to ensure accurate and dosing to all of the ingoing water whilst ensuring no possibility of backflow contamination.
In order to provide a competitive quote we need the following information:
- Size and material of incoming pipe
- Approximate number and type of outlets
- Size and number of any water heaters/cylinders
- Any working restrictions such as access or working hours
- Local water authority details and any provided specification
- Access and parking for vehicles
- We also need good unrestricted access to a good quality water supply
Fill in our online enquiry form today for a quick quote!