It is a legal requirement that new private water supply pipes are commissioned before they are connected to mains water services. It is also necessary to have a chlorination certificate is issued. Water Hygiene Services Ltd can provide BS8558 mains disinfection services in addition to sampling of new and existing mains pipework. We undertake partial or complete building mains disinfection prior to connection and handover. Chlorination certificates are supplied at the end of the works.
BS6700 standards were updated in 2015 to BS8558.
Water Hygiene Services always operate to the BS8558 standards. Please find below the relevant information for Water Hygiene Services chlorination procedures from the BS8558 standards. Click below to download the guide.
Legionella Control Association
Water Hygiene Services is a member of the Legionella Control Association: reg no. 2008/1723
We provide disinfection certificates at the time of work and provide full UKAS microbiology results from an independent laboratory approximately 5 days later.
Water Authority Specifications
Our work meets all water authority specifications such as:
- Chlorine Level
- Chlorine Contact Time
- Microbiological and chemical analysis
We use specialist equipment to ensure accurate dosing to all of the ingoing water whilst ensuring no possibility of backflow contamination.
In order to provide a competitive quote we will require the following information:
- Size and material of the incoming pipe
- Approximate number and type of outlets
- Size and number of any water heaters/cylinders
- Any working restrictions such as access or working hours
- Local water authority details and any provided specification
- Access and parking for vehicles
- We also need good unrestricted access to a good quality water supply
Fill in our online enquiry form today to receive a no obligation quote.