Water Hygiene Services offer a Tank Maintenance package to protect refurbished and newly installed water tanks.
What is tank maintenance?
The Approved Code of Practice & Guidance for the Control of Legionella bacteria in water systems requires water storage tanks to be inspected annually. Inspect your water tank correctly and ensure regular maintenance as is a legal necessity. The condition of a water tank has a huge effect on water quality. Poor maintenance of a water tank will encourage bacteria to grow inside the system, such as Legionella.
Legionella Risk Assessment
Water Hygiene Services engineers conduct a legionella risk assessment in order to examine the water tank and identify any issues. This process involves taking a water sample from tank which is sent to the lab to be analysed for bacteria.
Tank maintenance includes conducting timely inspections which will help prolong the life of the water tanks. Our experienced and dedicated team have the ability and expertise to perform all of the necessary tank inspections and maintenance tasks such as;
- Safe cleaning
- Chlorination for all types and sizes of tank
At Water Hygiene Services we use specialist cleaning equipment, which enables us to clean and chlorinate tanks in a timely way, meaning we can refill them ready for use again with minimal disruption.
Tank Maintenance Programme
There can be many issues which arise with water tanks over the months and years which is why we recommend a tank maintenance programme.
- a build of sludge within the water tank
- inadequate flow within the tank
- poor lagging of pipework
- ineffective overflow facility.
The benefits to tank maintenance include;
- Tanks are regularly examined and all contamination debris are dealt with in a preventive mode.
- Regular monitoring will give you a longer tank lifespan
- The tank remains complainant with the British Standards
- Production of annual documentation and reports that are required by Local Authorities.