Whilst a Legionella Risk Assessment and Management Program are fundamental to reduce, to a certain extent, the risk of Legionnaires’ disease, it may also be necessary to carry out remedial works on the water system for Legionella control to reduce the risk further.
Water Hygiene Services Ltd ensure all plumbing works are carried out by highly trained and experienced plumbers with a Legionella Risk Assessment background to ensure that the remedial actions are completed in accordance with the requirements of ACOP L8 and BS EN 806 parts 1-5 (BS EN 806-1:2000, BS EN 806-2:2005, BS EN 806-3:2006, BS EN 806-4:2010, BS EN 806-5:2012).
Our plumbers ensure all the remedial works are carried out in accordance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 and Water Hygiene Services Ltd are able to offer a wide range of remedial works, such as:
- Installing Thermostatic Mixer Valves
- GRP Tank Replacement
- Tank Relining
- Tank Refurbishment
- Repairing or replacing water heaters and Calorifiers
- Removal of dead-legs (redundant pipework or water service) or other unwanted water services
- Insulating water storage tanks and its associated pipe work
- Reconfiguration of pipe work within a cold water storage tank
- Fixing new tank lids and fitting Bylaw 30 kits
- Installing/replacing ball valves
- Installing insect and rodent screens on cold water storage tanks
- Installation or replacement of water storage tanks
- Installation or replacement of shower pumps/water pumps
- Installation or replacement of stopcocks, isolation valves, double check valves etc.
We also provide a specialist service in all aspects of pump diagnostics, pump refurbishment & new installation:
- Plumbing Services
- Mains Water Bypass
- TMV Installation
- Dead Leg Removal
- GRP Water Tank Replacement
- Mains Cold Water Systems (Boosted and Tank Fed Systems)
- Threaded and Welded Pipework
- Full Electrical Controls Package with our Working Partners
- Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Copper Pipework
Thermostatic Mixing Valve (Tmv) Servicing
TMV or Thermostatic Mixer Valve is a device that is designed to control water temperature for showers, baths and outlets. These devices require servicing on a regular bases in order for them to function correctly.
To comply with Legionella prevention guidance; water must be stored at no less than 60 degrees and distributed at no less than 50 degrees, however where the risk of scalding has been identified . TMV’s are fitted to regulate the temperature at the outlets.
Our services meet the requirements of the HSE and NHS Estates, we dedicate ourselves to providing cost effective solutions in order to reduce the cost of compliance with TMV regulations
It is a requirement that all TMV’s are checked twice or once a yearly depending on your organisation to ensure they are still achieving the desired temperature. If temperature control fluctuates more than 2 degrees from the original setting then a full service will be required. The valves can easily become scaled or blocked which needs to be rectified to ensure they work properly.
All of our qualified engineers are trained to the “best practises” of each thermostatic mixer valve which saves time and money for you.
Water Hygiene Services Ltd have the expertise to check TMV’s and carry out replacement or servicing when required.
For more information, please contact us today!