- March 15, 2021
- Posted by: Water Hygiene Services
- Category: Chlorination, News
Why do I need a Mains Chlorination?
- You must have a chlorination certificate issued before the mains water supply is connected to new pipework, otherwise, water utilities around the UK have the right to refuse connection
- A mains chlorination and subsequent chlorination certificate are required should there be any suspect contamination to the mains water supply.
- The installation or maintenance of new sprinkler systems require a chlorination certificate
- When it comes to new build properties, chlorination certificates are required by law.
- Some pipework can be redundant for a period of weeks or even years. When pipework is not in use for an extended period, they must be connected with a valid chlorination certificate.
What do Water Hygiene Services test for?
- Water Hygiene Services test for the following
- Total Coliforms
- Total and Free Chlorine
Instant Mains Chlorination Certificate
Following a Mains Chlorination, Water Hygiene Services provide a complete electronic chlorination certificate on completion of the work. In addition to this, we provide bacteria analysis and certification from a UKAS certified laboratory. This rigorous process provides our clients with the upmost confidence in our service and the resultant clean water supply. Water Hygiene Service chlorination certificates are recognised by Water Authorities across the country as some of the most comprehensive and detailed in the industry. All of our certificates are produced to BS8558 Standards.